Fitzpatrick last won on the European Tour at the Omega Masters in September

England's Matthew Fitzpatrick produced a bogey-free round of 67 to lead Rory McIlroy at the halfway stage of the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai.
Fitzpatrick, 25, fired five birdies at the Sheshan International course to reach 11 under par, a shot ahead of Northern Ireland's McIlroy, 30.
McIlroy also carded a 67 on day two, as overnight leader Li Haotong remained on eight under after an even-par round.
England's Paul Waring shot a seven-under-par 65, the day's lowest round.
Fitzpatrick, the world number 27, benefited from a fine putting display and capped his day with a 15-foot birdie at the last.
"The back nine, I put fantastic, as good as I've put all year," said Fitzpatrick, who last won at the Omega European Masters in September 2018.
McIlroy reeled off four birdies in a row between the third and sixth holes before his putter cooled off, although he had no trouble brushing in a three-foot eagle putt at the par-five 18th after a magnificent approach shot.
"Delighted with the first two rounds," he said. "To put myself right in contention going into the weekend is something that I wanted to do.
"It's something that I haven't done a lot over the last few weeks. I've sort of had bad starts and then clawed my way back into a good position at the end but to be right in the tournament after two days, I'm excited."
England's Danny Willett moved from being in contention at four-under to one over par after a round of 77 which contained seven bogeys and one double-bogey.